You are officially signed up for an Above & Beyond Adventure Tour of – Harrison & North Chehalis Lakes.
Our primarily run through the valley will be along the FSR (Forestry Service Road) and on occasion, deviate to do what Land Rovers do best – find out what is off the beaten trail!
During this run we have 3 groups of participants:
- Land Rover Richmond vehicles
(2018 Land Rover Discovery)
- Private customer vehicles
(Discovery, Discovery II, Discovery Sport, LR3, LR4, Range Rover Velar, Sport, Full Size)
- Rover Lander Club member vehicles
(Series Rovers and Defender models)
*Once congregated at the Sasquatch Inn, all vehicles in the convoy will depart in a numerical order in accordance with the itinerary below.
In the invitation to RSVP we asked that you select a gathering/departure point of either JLR Richmond or Sasquatch Inn in Harrison Mills.
When running with a convoy of this size it is imperative for us to run on schedule and therefore, the itinerary below will be our guide for the day.
Itinerary *Times indicated below are sharp
Depart JLR Richmond in convoy
(Attendance will be taken and vehicle numbers will be given)
9:15am – 9:30am
Arrival/Meet-up at Sasquatch
(Ensure your fuel has been topped up prior to arrival at Sasquatch)
Depart Sasquatch Inn
Arrive at Fish Hatchery and air-down tires
***Owners are expected to maintain their own vehicles, bring necessary tools in order to facilitate a safe and fun round trip. ***SEE What To Bring below.
Lunch and bonfire at North Chehalis Lake – Lunch courtesy of JLR Richmond
(Menu selection will be emailed out in advance)
Depart Chehalis Lake via FSR and trails
Arrive at the Sasquatch Inn and depart home
For those who wish to make this adventure to the Harrison Lake area into a long weekend get-away or simply finish the day in comfort, now is the time to book your room at the Harrison Hot Springs Resort and Spa. Few things in life are as satisfying as off-roading all day and then piloting your dirty, muddy Rover to the front of a luxurious hotel and spa to soak in the Hot Springs and enjoy a decadent meal in the Copper Room. Click here for more details.
What to Bring
(remember, there are no restrooms along the way…)
- Fuel Up before Sasquatch Inn
- Gravol or other car sickness or anti-nausea medication
- Snacks – lunch is provided
(Lunch menu will be available the week before for individual selections)
- Jacket, hat, gloves, sturdy comfortable shoes
(Weather to dictate)
- Camera, GoPro, Video recorder
- Walkie Talkie(s)
(JLR vehicles will be equipped with multi-channel walkie talkies to hear on trail communications & potential driver instructions)
- Tire pressure gauge
- Portable Air compressor
(Depending on your tires we may suggest letting out some air to increase traction)
- Fishing rods
- Folding chairs/Folding shelters
(if rain is imminent)
Tips for new-to-off-roading drivers
- Drive slow – Safety 1st
- Terrain Response is your friend – Select for the terrain in front of you
- Ride tall – engage your air suspension for off road height
- Lower your street tires air pressure by 10-15%
- Land Rover Experience Driving School at Quail Lodge:
First time off-roaders reactions to the Off Road Experience driving.
- Terrain Response Technology – Off-Roading with Land Rover:
An encompassing look into Land Rovers Terrain Response Modes and when to use them.
- Land Rover Tech Tips | Terrain Response Programmes:
Presenting Driving Tips for a safe adventure.
- Land Rover Experience – Essential Guide to Off Road Driving – Open Ground & On Road:
Presenting Off-Road driving instructions and driving techniques.
- Land Rover Experience India:
This video will provide you with confidence in the vehicles as they tackle terrain that appears extreme and shows how easily the vehicles, under control, tame the conditions.
Disclaimer and Conditions of Participation:
By reserving a space in the JLR Richmond Above & Beyond Adventure Tour, all individuals in your party as well as those traveling in JLR Richmond vehicle(s) agree to conduct themselves with safe and responsible vehicle operation and agree to adhere to the outlined itinerary.
Individuals participating hereby release JLR Richmond and the Rover Landers Club of BC of any and all responsibility or liability due to any damage or harm caused to vehicle or person by way of experiences participated in or otherwise by way of person, road, trail, water crossing, driver/passenger error or otherwise.
While JLR Richmond employees and the Rover Landers Club of BC have co-organized and provide tour guidance in the trail area, neither party is responsible or liable due to any damage or harm caused to vehicle or person by way of experiences participated in or otherwise by way of person, road, trail, water crossing, driver/passenger error or otherwise.
- Any and all drivers of personal/privately owned vehicles and JLR company vehicles must recognize the slow nature of a large group convoy and respect the direction of those leading the convoy.
- Instances of speed/excessive speed, departure from the group or driving styles deemed irresponsible, reckless or generally dangerous will be asked to leave the group and return home.